"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
• 1 Peter 4:10 •

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thrift Store Score: Vintage Postcard & Storybook Stamps

Okay, I should really be in bed because I'm sick and haven't gotten more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night in the past 3 weeks, but...I had to share something I'm bursting with excitement over. So, a couple weeks ago I was at a thrift store (shocking, I know) and was walking out after I'd paid for the items I'd purchased. Just before I exited the building I noticed a table over in the corner that said "FREE". Well, c'mon, who can pass up at least taking a peek if there's a FREE sign on something. I wandered over and nearly wet myself once I realized it was a bunch of old books. Instantly my mind began swirling with all the lovely things I could create with these gems. I scooped up an armful of them and went on my merry way, obviously thrilled that my thrift store stop had basically turned in to a 2-for-1 kinda deal.

Now, fast-forward about 3 weeks to this evening...I took dinner over to my in-laws and we had a nice time eating and visiting with them, brought the kids home, did homework, and then got them in bed. My husband opted to hit the hay a little early and I decided I'd better attack the stack of freelance work that's been building in my office. So downstairs I went. After a few hours of 'real' work, I had a random thought and remembered my free books I'd shoved in the closet. I pulled them out and started paging through a few of them and out dropped some papers. When I looked down at them I'm pretty sure I squealed out loud with delight. Thankfully no one upstairs heard me and came crawling out of bed, but I seriously was like a kid in a candy store...there on the floor was a complete collection of vibrant vintage stamps. As I looked closer I realized that there was a postcard to return with your 3 choices of storybook classics you'd like for a whopping $1.49. There was also a poster and a couple of other postcards for a different mail-in offer. Oh my goodness gracious. Think of all the fun things these stamps could be used for - eek!!! :)

So tonight, my faithful one reader (thanks, Mom), I share my "Thrift Store Score"...that I didn't pay for, but absolutely L-O-V-E. Now, for your viewing pleasure *drum roll, please*....


Time for bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment