"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
• 1 Peter 4:10 •

Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter in Minnesota

Okay, I really can't complain about the horrendously awful Minnesota we've had, but it's still winter. Cold, windy, not-a-lot-of-sun...winter. And I live in Minnesota. So yes, it is a Minnesota winter...just way milder than normal. This winter I've found myself doing a lot of crocheting - more than normal anyway. There's just something about sitting and working away with the soft yarn flowing through your fingers. Frankly, I find it very soothing and a wonderful escape after a long day...or week...or month. I've really gotten in to making infinity scarves - they're SO stinkin' warm to wear (not to mention CUTE), and they're fun to give as gifts! And the best part...I can make one in the amount of time it takes me to watch an episode of "The Bachelor" off my DVR. Yes, I just admitted I watch "The Bachelor". Sad, but true. Not as sad as my husband watching it with me though...with his spreadsheets of "Fantasy Bachelorette Picks". Seriously, you'd think he was at another Fantasy Football draft party each season premier. No joke, he sits with the laptop logging his "top picks". Strange.

Enough about that - here are a few of the scarves I've made lately...I've got them in pretty much every color - gray, brown, electric blue, pink, green...they're fabulous.






0 comments:

Post a Comment