"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
• 1 Peter 4:10 •

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dishcloth Goodness

Remember how I said my Grandma Grace taught my 3 brothers and I how to crochet when we were just tiny little things? Well, lately I've fallen into my annual winter "funk" where as soon as the sun goes down I wanna crawl in to bed and hibernate. But that'd just be wasteful, right? Post-bedtime hours are my prime time to get stuff done - so no hibernating allowed. In an attempt to stay awake and to feel like I'm being productive even if I've parked my rear on the couch to watch a 'lil TV, I've started crocheting again. It's been a couple years, but now that the kids are older and I'm feeling a little more like I can breathe, I figured what the heck - let's get back to it! Some of my friends think I'm off my rocker (no pun intended...okay, maybe it WAS intended), but I'm fine with sounding like a 90-year-old grandma talking about my crocheting projects. It's all good. So I've been alternating between making a few things...dishcloths, because c'mon, who doesn't love a new dishcloth?! Then I've also been making some infinity scarves and coffee collars. But I like the dishcloths because they're so quick & easy to throw together - plus,  a couple weeks back it was 'Dollar Days' at Michaels and they had my favorite 100% cotton yarn on sale for $1/skein. Let's just say I stocked up...and now I've got all these lovely dishcloths that I think will make PERFECT gifts for friends, teacher, family, etc. Suhweeeet! So here are a few pics of my dishcloth goodness I've whipped up in the last couple of weeks (I'll have to do a separate post on my infinity scarves & coffee collars).




Don't ya just LOVE all the fun colors??? Just gave my first one out as a gift and it was a hit! :)

On a side note, where do you shop for yarn? Just curious...

4 comments:

AIMEE!!! Homemade dishcloths are the ultimate! Seriously, I try to remember to always put them on my Christmas list! I have a sister-in-law that knits and Leah crochets/knits as well. Several people have tried to teach me including my grandmother, Nancy Lundeen, and my sister...but I have never been able to master it. It is a goal of mine in my lifetime! Great job, yours looks fab! Also, you are a GREAT photographer!!! Love this blog!

Rachael

Thank you, Rachael!! I figured I needed a "place" of my own to share my fun stuff I do in my "free" (HA!) time!! I'm pretty sure I know someone who could hook you up with some homemade dishcloths. :) Thanks for stopping by to visit!! :)

I sometimes shop for yarn at my neighbors house, otherwise, I go wherever she tells me there's a sale.

Hahaha, Jacki! :) You crack me up. Hope your yarn shopping after the women's conference was a huge success!

Post a Comment